The signing of the peace treaty was celebrated on throughout the County with pageants, children’s galas, torchlight processions and bonfires.
There is no exact figure for First World War dead from Stirlingshire.
Permanent memorials to the dead were paid for by subscriptions and set up in communities during the first half of the 1920s. Some communities published rolls of honour which included the names of the fallen.
The Stirling War Memorial was unveiled by Earl Haig on 14 October 1922 and refers to a Book of Remembrance with 692 names being on view at Stirling Public Library.
The Falkirk War Memorial in Dollar Park was unveiled on 13 June 1926 and refers to "over 1,100 Falkirk Bairns who died for King and Country".
Civic war memorials that were erected include those at Aberfoyle, Airth, Avonbridge, Balfron, Balquhidder, Bannockburn, Campsie, Bonnybridge, Bridge Of Allan, Buchlyvie, Callander, Camelon, Cambusbarron, Causewayhead & Cambuskenneth, Cowie, Denny & Dunipace, Drymen, Falkirk, Gargunnock, Gartmore, Grangemouth, Killearn, Killin, Kilmadock, Kippen, Larbert, Laurieston, Longcroft, Muiravonside, Norrieston, Plean, Polmont, Shieldhill & Summerhouse, Stirling, Strathblane, Strathyre.
Churches, Schools, Regiments, Clubs, Companies and Individuals also raised War Memorials.